• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Delay for UV Titles Showing in Kaleidescape?

bdo21

Should there be a delay for UV titles showing in the Kaleidescape store? I was given the latest Hunger Games so I thought I would use the bluray UV code and download the digital version. I redeemed the code a few hours ago and it shows in my UV library but it hasn't appeared in the store 'My Library' option. The title is obviously in the Kaleidescape store.

Thanks

I purchased this title through Vudu and it showed up fairly quickly on the K store as ready to download. I don't normally check "My Library" but just search for the title and see if it has a price still or says "download".

On this title, it was available in less than an hour for me.

John

It's not uncommon for UltraViolet to take a little time to update (whether it's UltraViolet movies showing up in the Kaleidescape Movie Store, or Movie Store purchases showing up in your UltraViolet locker).

A couple of hours, though, is longer than normal. By the time you read this it will probably be quite a bit later still. If it hasn't cleared up by then, let us know.

Thanks for the replies. It hasn't appeared but I can guess what the problem is. I am between the UK and the US and I was given a UK copy of the Hunger Games. This has worked without a problem for a few other UV codes before but I just checked and they were all titles which were available in the UK kaleidescape store (as well as the US). The Hunger Games is not available in the UK store and the UV codes must link to different regional versions of the same film so despite availability of the film in the US store (and me logging into the store from the US), it doesn't show as an option to download.

Unfortunately it also shows how outside the US, the store isn't really practical (even in the UK where at least we have a store)

I can speak from my experience with UV and the Store. I used to wait for a good while to get movies to show up. My tip for those who convert codes in VUDU (or Flixster) is to play the movie that you redeemed while you are still in the browser. It only takes playing it for a minute or two. After you stop it, go check the K Store. So far, I have found that the movie will immediately be in the Store after you stop playback in VUDU.

I also just got a Kaleidescape and setup my store account to my UVVU account and after about 90 minutes I'm still showing nothing. UVVU is showing Kaleidescape as being a shared library. I tried unlinking and relinking after about thirty minutes with no luck (usually works when going between Vudu and M-Go)

My UV account took over a day to fully sync with over 1000 compatible UV movies.
You just have to wait longer

I'm waiting for Fox and Paramount to go UV at the kstore.

Woke up this morning and the compatible ones were all there. Didn't know fox and paramount weren't UV compatible on Kscape (should have done more research) so that was depressing seeing only about half of my titles.

If you actually have the physical discs, where you got the UV code, you can insert them into the Kaleidescape drive and several of the Fox ones should show up as discounted digital offers. That has been my experience, anyway, with my demo Alto unit.

For my last set of purchases from VUDU, it seems that the UV update process runs overnight. Happened again yesterday/today. I bought early yesterday and they didn't show up until this morning. Maybe that's the default delay now to encourage store purchases.

Could be, and as I mentioned last week, if you want them in there right away, just play the movie in VUDU for a couple minutes, stop it, and check the Store. Mine show up immediately at that point.

I tried that yesterday and even after playing them it still didn't work for me. They used to be just a couple of page refreshes before they showed up. Now it's overnight. However, I did only play it for a couple of seconds. Maybe I should play it longer. But they do show up on Flixster video instantly so who knows...

Playing the movie in vudu isn't going to speed up the kstore's UV import time. Once it is in your UV Library, it's up to Kaleidescape to pull it in. If its anything like Vudu, you still might be able to trigger a UV sync maybe by logining into the kstore after it is in your UV library (or if you're in a rush, purchasing a UV movie from the kstore).

Hello all,

After Kicker's report, we did some investigation and found a problem that was causing UltraViolet information to be synchronized more slowly than usual. That problem has been corrected. You should see UltraViolet titles synchronize much more quickly now. Usually this takes 10-15 minutes.

Just wondering if this is still an issue? I redeemed a UV title (that's in the K store) (Kubo and the two strings) a few days ago on Vudu.
I can see it in my Vudu library, but it doesn't list in the K store library?

I redeemed a UV title (that's in the K store) (Kubo and the two strings) a few days ago on Vudu.
I can see it in my Vudu library, but it doesn't list in the K store library?

If you look at that title in the store, you can see that it is not UV enabled. For some strange reason, not all NBCUniversal titles are UV enabled on Kaleidescape.

If you look at that title in the store, you can see that it is not UV enabled. For some strange reason, not all NBCUniversal titles are UV enabled on Kaleidescape.

Ahhhhh, thanks so much! Frustrating, but that makes sense. It's a little disappointing the number of limitations I seem to be hitting :(

Back